The Airdrie Christian Academy has announced that they will be launching a new program for Grade nine and 10 students in the next (2023/24) school year.
The program, which the school is calling a 'new Shared Responsibility program called Hybrid High School (HHS)' is meant to be an alternative to both fully in-person learning and fully online learning.
"HHS will meet one full day per week, in person, for a comprehensive and engaging learning experience for students. The remainder of each week’s learning and academic tasks will be completed from a distance through an online learning platform with a mix of synchronous and asynchronous touchpoints," the school's website stated.
Teachers within the program will be responsible for everything from planning to instruction and the assessment of the courses offered. The school underlined that while the HHS program will only be offered for Grades nine to 10 in the coming year, the hope is to add a grade each year until there will be a fully operational Grade nine to 12 high school in 2025/26.
The shared responsibility model that The Airdrie Christian Academy is adopting partners with 'Home Education parents who are interested in being fully invested in their child’s education.'
"HHS will never offer more than 80 per cent of the curriculum in one year, leaving families to find the final 20 per cent through a variety of other ways as described below. In the SR model, the maximum amount of credit offered in one year is 28."
Courses offered will include LA, Math, Science, Social Studies and PE in grades nine & 10 and also offer CALM online in grade 10.
Those who wish to learn more, can sign up and attend the open house being hosted in early March.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to email@example.com