Starting today, August 8 and lasting till Saturday, August 12, East Lake Boulevard will be closed between East Lake Crescent and East Lake Road. Detours will be in place.
According to the City, the closure is needed for deep utility servicing. However, access to businesses will be maintained.
Other road closures that are in effect include:
- Until August 21: Kingsview Boulevard Southeast
- Southbound traffic is reduced to single-lane; two-way traffic. The closure is meant to accommodate underground stormwater construction.
- Until August 21: Reynolds Gate and 40th Avenue Southwest
- There is a temporary pathway closure meant to accommodate 40 Avenue Interchange to QEII construction activities.
- Until September 30: Nose Creek Park
- There are temporary bridge closures to accommodate bridge rehabilitation.
According to the City's updated milestone schedule for the 40 Avenue Interchange, by August 24, South Point Access roadwork will be completed. By the end of September, both the Reynolds Gate to CPR Bridge roadworks will be complete as well as the completion of the storm pond. While construction is slated to finish in early October, the roadways will not be open for traffic until the end of October 2023.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org