The wind warning has now ended.
A wind warning was in effect for Airdrie and Crossfield, as well as other areas for most of the day on Tuesday. Strong winds with gusts to 90 km/h began early this afternoon, though the winds will continue to diminish this evening.
The wet ground from the ongoing rain led to the risk of tree falls. Damage to buildings, such as roof shingles and windows was also possible.
Other areas that were included in the warning included:
- Mountain View Co. near Carstairs and Stirlingville
- Mountain View Co. near Cremona and Water Valley
- Mountain View Co. near Olds and Didsbury
- Mountain View Co. near Sundre
- Rocky View Co. near Bottrel and Madden
- Rocky View Co. near Cochrane
The rainfall warning is still in effect. The prolonged periods of heavy rain will continue today. Rainfall totals will be between 75 and 125 mm by Wednesday morning.
The heaviest rain will fall to the west with local rainfall totals of 150 mm or more possible along the Foothills and the front range of the Rocky Mountains.
Rainfall will taper off through the day Wednesday.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to email@example.com