Advance voting for Alberta's upcoming provincial election will begin today and will continue until Saturday, May 27.
"While days and hours of operation may vary for some locations, every electoral division will have at least one location open for the full advance voting period," Elections Alberta stated. "Electors may choose to vote at any advance voting location."
Here is where Airdronians and those in surrounding communities can go to vote in advance:
- From Tuesday, May 23 until Friday, May 27, 9 a.m. till 8 p.m. every day: Town & Country Centre:103-275 Jensen Dr. NE, Airdrie
- From Tuesday, May 23 until Friday, May 27, 9 a.m. till 8 p.m. every day: Living Springs Christian Fellowship
2304 Yankee Valley Blvd SW, Airdrie
- From Friday, May 26 till Saturday, May 27, from 9 a.m. till 8 p.m: Grace Baptist Church
1009 East Lake Blvd NE, Airdrie
- From Tuesday, May 23 until Friday, May 27, from 10 a.m. till 8 p.m.: CrossIron Mills - Entrance 1
261055 Crossiron Blvd, Rocky View County
- From Tuesday, May 23 till Thursday, May 25, from 9 a.m. till 8 p.m: Crossfield and District Community Centre
900 Mountain Ave, Crossfield
- From Friday, May 26 till Saturday, May 27, from 9 a.m. till 8 p.m: Carstairs Community Hall
1100 Lackner Way, Carstairs
More locations can be found here.
According to Elections Alberta, you must prove your identity and current address to vote. To do this, you may:
- Provide one piece of Government-issued photo ID, including your full name, current address, and photo
- Provide two pieces of ID, both containing your full name and with one showing your current physical address
- Have another registered elector in your voting area vouch for you
- Have an authorized signatory complete an attestation form
When showing two pieces of ID, ensure that both contain your full name and that one piece shows your current physical address. Over 50 different types of identification can be presented to vote, to see more details visit Elections Alberta online.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org