Environment and Climate Change Canada has placed Airdrie, Crossfield and other areas around southern Alberta under a severe thunderstorm watch.
The watch was issued earlier this morning for the following areas:
- Rocky View Country near Airdrie and Crossfield
- Rocky View Country near Cochrane
- Rocky View County near Bottrel and Madden
- Mountain View County near Carstairs and Stirlingville
- Mountain View County near Cremona and Water Valley
- Mountain View County near Olds and Didsbury
- Mountain View County near Sundre
It is in place as thunderstorms continue to develop with some of them capable of producing heavy rain, strong winds and large hail.
There is a risk of showers and thunderstorms over the next few days but, according to the weather office, not a lot of significant rain is in the forecast for the coming week.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to email@example.com