The May long weekend is only a few days away, and there are plenty of different events and activities happening in the Airdrie area to help keep you entertained.
We hope to see the Chinook Winds spray park back in action. The tentative opening date for the season is this Saturday.
Iron Horse Park is also slated to be opening for May Long Weekend on Sunday, May 21.
"Our normal operating days are Sundays between the Victoria Day/May Long weekend and Thanksgiving weekend. We look forward to welcoming the public, weather permitting, every Sunday between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. until October 8," the park stated on its website.
Admission to the park is free, and it's $3 for a journey on one of their miniature trains. Tickets bundles of eight are available for $20.
Calgary has all kinds of different events happening. Here are a few of them.
- Calaway Park opens for its 2023 season on Saturday, May 20
- We Care Music Fest - Saturday, 2 p.m. 10 p.m. at Fort Calgary
- 2023 Otafest - Friday to Sunday at the Calgary TELUS Convention Centre.
- YYCaesarfest - Saturday to Sunday at the Big Four Building
- Skyline’s Downhill Karting Opening Weekend - Saturday to Monday at WinSport
- Heritage Park Opening Weekend - Saturday to Monday at Heritage Park
Carstairs Splash Park (located at Memorial Park playground) has already opened for the season and is operating 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Just a reminder, Airdrie is currently under a fire restriction, so it's important to follow the set guidelines.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org