Around 11:20 Wednesday morning, the Airdrie RCMP and Fire Department had Main Street blocked off as they investigated what officials say was a suspected gas leak. Captain Jason Lebate with the Airdrie Fire Dept. says the building at 125 Main Street, across the street from Community Links, was evacuated while crews investigated.


Atco Gas was on the scene assisting emergency crews to confirm whether there was in fact a hazard or if the problem was simply an odor. After investigating the area, including blocking both lanes of Main Street during the investigation, on site crews deemed the site safe, and allowed traffic to pass, and employess to return to the building just before Noon.