Effective immediately, due to current weather conditions, Rocky View County Fire Services has issued a fire advisory for the town of Cochrane.
This advisory represents a moderate fire risk and will remain in effect as long as conditions remain.
During a fire advisory, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Recreational campfires in an approved burn pit
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Oil well flaring (must register with central fire dispatch)
During a fire advisory, open fires are allowed, but residents are reminded to be extra vigilant. Soaking the area adjacent to the fire pits with water is recommended.
The county is also reminding residents that if there is a fire ban, any person who ignites, fuels, supervises, maintains or permits an outdoor fire within the municipal boundaries of Rocky View County during a fire ban can be fined $1,000. Should the fire get out of control and emergency fire response is required, the person responsible for the fire can be charged the full firefighting costs.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org