What started with a small fire in an elevator room that looked like it would only force them out for one or two days, turned into a month and a half long odyssey for Community Links in Airdrie.
The great news for the group is that effective today (March 11) they have moved back into their facility on Main Street Airdrie and are in the process of getting back to normal.
The organization's journey began on January 24th when firefighters were called to the building and found smoke on the second floor which they eventually traced to a hydraulic oil reservoir that had overheated in the elevator room.
A series of issues kept them from the building and forced them to conduct regular programming using the facilities of other organizations in the city, something Executive Director Brenda Hume said was a tremendous blessing to everyone connected to Community Links.
Comments? Questions? Story ideas? Email us at [email protected]