Significant rainfall is expected early next week, with 75 to 100 mm is expected by Wednesday morning.
A long-duration rainfall event will impact the eastern slopes of the Rockies on Monday and Tuesday.
A broad area from Hinton to Waterton is expected to see at least 50 mm by Wednesday morning, with 100 mm or more possible in some regions of the foothills. Currently, it appears as though the greatest rainfall amounts will be near Kananaskis, west of Calgary.
The following areas may be affected:
- Mountain View Co. near Carstairs and Stirlingville
- Mountain View Co. near Cremona and Water Valley
- Mountain View Co. near Olds and Didsbury
- Mountain View Co. near Sundre
- Rocky View Co. near Airdrie and Crossfield
- Rocky View Co. near Bottrel and Madden
- Rocky View Co. near Cochrane
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org