Due to current conditions, Rocky View County Fire Services has issued a FIRE BAN for East and West Rocky View County, effective immediately.
This ban will remain in effect as long as high-risk conditions remain.
During a FIRE BAN, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and BURNING IS BANNED, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Oil well flaring (registration required -- call 403-264-1022)
For details on specific fire restrictions during a ban, visit our Fire Bans & Advisories webpage.
For information on fire bans and advisories in other areas of the province, visit AlbertaFireBans.ca.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org