According to a health notice by Alberta Health Services, Airdrie restaurant Sushi Haru is being shut down due to a, "significant cockroach infestation was observed throughout the food establishment."
The order stated that the cockroaches were on food contact surfaces, food equipment, dishwashing area, and walls.
"Numerous live and dead cockroaches of all life stages were observed on sticky traps that were placed on storage shelves being used to store pots and pans."
The order added that a pest control monitoring program was not implemented for the food establishment and pest control records were not available. Furthermore, the inspection found that insecticide products were being used in food preparation areas.
"There was a heavy accumulation of food debris and grease on kitchen equipment surfaces, including, but not limited to: the ventilation canopy inserts, the microwave located near the sushi prep counter, storage shelves, and pots."
The inspection was done on June 10, 2022.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to email@example.com