On Wednesday, July 20 at 2:44 pm, Arriving crews from the Airdrie Fire Department found light smoke conditions showing in the interior hallway between the main school and portable classrooms. Firefighters forced the exterior door to gain access into the portable unit.
The roadway adjacent to the school was temporarily cordoned off to vehicles and pedestrian traffic as a precaution.
Firefighters quickly determined that the smoke was due to a faulty HVAC unit motor. Power was isolated to the HVAC unit and ventilation efforts were implemented to remove smoke from the area. So far, it has been reported that there is minimal damage.
Six apparatus and 11 firefighters were used during the emergency.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org