Effective immediately, due to current conditions, Rocky View County Fire Services has issued a fire Advisory for West Rocky View County. The West region includes all County areas West of Highway 2.
This advisory represents a moderate fire risk and will remain in effect as long as conditions remain.
During a fire advisory, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Recreational campfires in an approved burn pit
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Oil well flaring (must register with central fire dispatch)
Permit burning in the County is banned due to dry/windy conditions. All outstanding burning and fireworks permits are suspended until further notice.
The county is also reminding residents that if there is a fire ban, any person who ignites, fuels, supervises, maintains or permits an outdoor fire within the municipal boundaries of Rocky View County during a fire ban can be fined $1,000. Should the fire get out of control and emergency fire response is required, the person responsible for the fire can be charged the full firefighting costs.
Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to email@example.com