Here's what happened after Week 1.
Claire and Maddie, two of your AIR 106.1 hosts are one week into a Six Week Fitness Challenge with the incredible guidance of Naomi Keane from Oranj Fitness in Airdrie. When we say 'fitness challenge', this involves all the aspects the transition into a healthy lifestyle change: exercise, diet, sleep, and water.
Week 1 focused on a system 'reboot'; a body detox which involved adding lots of essential nutrients and vitamins to our diets that were missing and of course, a lot of water. We also took part in several great classes at Oranj Fitness including, Yoga, Barre, and Zumba (Maddie now has a new-found love for Yoga).
Things we noticed after completing the first week of the challenge:
- Much more energized without the aid of caffeine
- Improvement in mental clarity
- Lower stress levels thanks to more energy and Yoga classes
- Feeling overall lighter (not necessarily in weight but in body)
- No longer needing/resorting to sugar binges
- An increase in energy and decrease in feeling sluggish throughout the day
- Improvement in mood and less feelings of stress
- A decrease in sugar and fat cravings
- Longer and more restorative sleeps, fell asleep quicker
- Stomach felt less bloated and significant decrease of that 'gut rot' feeling
Amazing, right? This is only after Week 1 of a much needed detox. Just imagine what Week 2 will bring!
In a nutshell, we feel fantastic and can't wait to continue on our fitness journey with Naomi and Oranj Fitness.
If you're looking to improve your quality of life and change your lifestyle for the better, we definitely recommend trying some classes at Oranj Fitness because the staff are incredibly welcoming, the classes cater to your personal fitness level, and you'll leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
Oranj 'Cyber Monday' sale:
- 6 smoothie punch pass $49.75
- 6 Kombucha punch pass starting $37.50
- $50 Gift Card and receive an extra $10
- and No set up fees on al membership options