Get your textbooks ready, we're taking a lesson!
Welcome to the age of Millennials.
What is a Millennial you may ask? Millennials are defined as individuals who reached their adulthood around the 21st century. You more than likely know, or have met a millennial at least once in your life, so let's see if you can keep up with their way of communicating with one another.
Step one: Acquire a cellular device- preferably an iPhone.
Step two: Gather your squad in a group chat.
Step three: Commence your abbreviations of as many words as you can!
I've added a few below to help you get started:
- HRU? - How are you?
- SUP - What's up?
- NMU - Not much, you?
- BRO - Friend/ buddy
- HBU - How about you?
- TY - Thank you
- YW - You're welcome
- LOL - Laugh out loud (not to be mistaken for Lots of love)
- YOLO - You only live once (A millennial favourite)
- BAE - Before anyone else (Typically used when talking about your Significant Other)
- BYE - Get out of town (That's right, not actually used for saying "good-bye")
- DM- Direct message
- BFF- Best friend forever
- NBD- No big deal
- TBH- To be honest
- UBER - Super/ lots of
- TTYL - Talk to you later
- TIL - Today I learned (You can now use this to start your own conversation!)
- Bonus: # (Try asking the millennial in your life what this symbol is called, I promise the answer will NOT be 'pound key')
- Double bonus: EMOJI'S! ???
There you have it! Your basics to DM your BAE and BFF's. It's really NBD and TBH this was UBER fun 4 me, TTYL ?