On the downside, you're losing an hour of sleep. On the upside, winter is ending. Booyah!
This Sunday (March 11th), you'll be setting your clocks forward one hour for Daylight Savings Time. Yes, you'll be losing an hour of sleep but the pros significantly outweigh this con.
Here are some of the great things that come with DST:
- Brighter longer days for you to do more outdoor stuff (e.g. hikes, skating, roadtrips)
- You save money on less electricity used for lights in the evening
- Seasonal Affective Disorder symptoms start to dissipate with the brighter longer days
- You come home from work and it feels like you've still got some day left
- Starts to feel like spring with longer days, warmer weather, and melting snow
- Less accidents as drivers are less likely to be returning from work in the dark