Kids are heading back to school in just a few short weeks and for someone like myself, that first day can't come fast enough.
The excitement of the summer has worn off and now it's a lot of boredom and a lot more messes.
If you're counting down the days until school returns, here's what you can look forward to:
- If your kids are older and haven't been at daycare all summer you get to enjoy getting them them up early and putting them back on a schedule (this can also be a challenge)
- Your kids get to reconnect with friends they haven't seen all summer and catch up on all the gossip
- Your house is more organized because the kids don't have all day to mess it up
- After school activities - a double-edged sword. Kids are busy and involved with their peers and the community, but now you get to play chauffeur
- If you have time to enjoy an afternoon siesta you can now enjoy it in peace
Once the back to school shopping is done, sit down, relax and enjoy a well deserved break. You've got this!